5th April Covid 19 Update
05 April 2020
5th April Covid-19 Update (Remote Prescribing Guidance and GG&C Pharmacy List; Updated GG&C Triage Guidance)
Most of you will have received the GG&C Chief of Dentistry Update on Friday night, which was accompanied by a number of other documents. The most relevant information is summarised below:
- PHARMACY – INTERIM ARRANGEMENTS
- The Interim Arrangements for Dental Prescribing provides formal guidance on remote prescribing during the Covid-19 Pandemic. It is worth noting that the pharmacies require hard copies of any prescriptions within 72 hours. If you are sending to multiple pharmacies the safest method would likely be send them in the post, limiting your own travel where possible.
- PHARMACY – LIST OF CONTACT DETAILS
- GG&C OHD have provided GDPs with a list of all pharmacies in GG&C and their contact details. The intention is that prescriptions can now be sent to the pharmacy nearest the patient rather than nearest the practice. This should reduce travel for patients in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- UPDATED GG&C TRIAGE GUIDE
- SDCEP updated their guidance on managing acute dental problems during the week. GG&C OHD have merged this with their own triage advice for ease of use.
- Please find attached combined triage guidance that is specific to NHS GGC and only for the period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SELF-HELP INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
- GG&C have posted a self-help guide for patients experiencing dental problems. The list is fairly comprehensive and this is a useful tool to link to from practice websites and social media.
- The Chief of Dentistry directs GDPs to Health Protection Scotland advice for dental teams and Public Health England‘s Covid 19 Guide on PPE.
- A number of GDPs have raised queries and concerns about the PPE arrangements for GDPs who are being redeployed to the PDS Urgent Care Hubs.
- The guidance is being updated almost daily and as the Chief of Dentistry references, an ongoing review on Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGPs) is expected to provide some much needed clarity and reassurances for dentists at these hubs. The LDC will continue to make him aware of the concerns of GG&C GDPs and seek reassurances in the meantime.
- The LDC would encourage all GDPs to perform a personal risk assessment before carrying out any dental procedure during the Covid-19 pandemic.