My name is Josephine Weir, and I am looking for your support in the forthcoming LDC elections.
Please take the time to read this and vote for me.
My Background: I have 34 years’ experience as a General Dental Practitioner delivering care in the Glasgow and Clyde area. I have been a practice owner for 27 years, now as a partner running a 5 surgery Mixed practice.
- I have a wealth of knowledge of the clinical, financial and governance issues we currently face as NHS dentists working in Primary Care.
- I am pragmatic, approachable, and sympathetic. I help and support dentists in my local constituency as well as further afield.
- I am organised and believe communication is key to success and so have been instrumental in encouraging attendance at our local dental forum in Inverclyde. This is a good local platform to meet and support each other. I deliver an LDC update at the meetings. I have set up an Inverclyde dentists Whats App group with like-minded dentists for sharing information.
- I have been liaising and supporting dentists in my constituency and beyond over my time on the LDC. In the pandemic many have reached out to me for help and advice. My email is always available and when I don’t know something, I find it out and report back.
- I have served 3 terms on the LDC and am currently the Chair of the Committee. I took over as Chair at the start of the pandemic in challenging times. Meetings have been on Zoom and require a lot of pre-meeting preparation due to Covid-19 issues facing dental practices. Prior to taking on the Chair I actively participated in LDC discussion from a position of good knowledge and understanding of General Dental Practice. I attended the annual LDC conference and delivered motions to effect change in rules.
- I am on the Scottish Dental Practice Committee (SDPC) which has brought a massive email exchange to my daily routine. I have been newly elected to the SDPC executive.
- I am on the interface group with the Health Board which meets fortnightly with our Director Lee Savario, our two Dental Practice Advisers (DPAs) and Board managers to shape, organise and interpret all the guidance for GDPs including PPE, mask fitting, vaccinations, Covid grant funding and many more local issues.
I believe my help and input will be valuable to steer us out of the pandemic and the old SDR and shape the New Model of Care for a brighter future in dentistry.
Please give me your support by voting for me when the election email arrives in your NHS mailbox from LDC (NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE).