15th April Covid-19 Update
15 April 2020
Ibuprofen and Covid-19; Write to your MP
Please find below a summary of today’s Covid-19 news relevant to GDPs in Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Today’s GG&C Chief of Dentistry update is available here.
- IBUPROFEN AND COVID-19
- The Commission of Human Medicines (CHM) have produced a response on Ibuprofen/NSAIDs and the rumours of its impact on Covid-19.
- “The Commission on Human Medicines’ Expert Working Group on coronavirus (COVID-19) has concluded that there is currently insufficient evidence to establish a link between use of ibuprofen, or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and contracting or worsening of COVID- 19.”
- BDA: WRITE TO YOUR MP
- The BDA have produced a very simple ‘Write to your MP’ tool that automatically identifies and emails your MP with any concerns you might have about your financial sustainability.
- Your are able to edit the template letter to add/remove commentary specific to your situation.
- You do not have to be a member to use this tool.
- EMAIL REFERRALS INTO SPECIAL CARE HUBS
- The Chief of Dentistry letter has acknowledged the difficulty GDPs are having in phoning the special care hubs.
- He has indicated that an email referral pathway is in development which would hopefully streamline the process.
GG&C Chief of Dentistry Update 15th April
CHM report on Ibuprofen
BDA ‘Staying Safe Poster’