16th April Covid-19 Update
16 April 2020
Testing Update; Clinical Waste; NHS Louisa Jordan
Please find below a summary of today’s Covid-19 news relevant to GDPs in Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Today’s GG&C Chief of Dentistry updateis available here.
- GG&C STAFF TESTING
- Yesterday’s GG&C Core Brief set out the testing arrangements for NHS staff (including dentists and DCPs) who have been self-isolating because they, or a household member, has displayed symptoms of Covid-19.
- Testing centres are now fully operational but widespread testing has not yet commenced.
- If GDPs or DCPs are to due to be redeployed, and are self-isolating due to their own symptoms (fever of ≥37.8 C or new persistent cough) or those of a household member should now be referred for testing via their line managers (principal dentist / practice owner / practice manager) using the eform available here. All testing is on an appointment-only basis following eform referral.
- Testing needs to be carried out within the first 5 days of symptoms so timely referrals are critical.
- The LDC have interpreted the guidance such that it would apply to dentists or DCPs who have volunteered to be redeployed in the coming weeks and are due to start imminently. Those who are not volunteering should follow the standard advice on NHS Inform.
- Click here for a series of FAQs on testing.
- CLINICAL WASTE UPLIFTS
- The Chief of Dentistry Update expects that practices should no longer have any residual clinical waste. If this is not the case then contact should be made with GDS admin as per the letter.
- NHS LOUISA JORDAN
- For those of you who are interested, or may have already been contacted about redeployment at the site, NHS GG&C have produced an update on the progress at the NHS Louisa Jordan at the SEC.