17th May GG&C LDC Update
17 May 2020
Schedules; PSD FAQs; SDCEP Survey
The most relevant news affecting GG&C GDPs today is:
- The April paid May schedules are now available to see and download.
- PSD have been unable to make these accessible beyond an NHS SWAN networked computer.
- However, if you are able remotely access your practice computers you should be able to then access the schedule indirectly by loading the website on the remote-controlled PC. You can then save the schedules on the remote PC. You can then forward the saved files to yourself via email or a cloud based file share system (such as drop box).
- Your LDC reps are available to give more detailed help in the practicalities of this and can be contacted here.
- Like last month, there may be internet connection issues after a long period without use. In these circumstances someone will need to physically restart the internet router box in the practice to re-establish a connection
- LINE 40
- This month, the COVID-19 payment is included in LINE 40, unlike last month.
- The reason for the change is that the allowance has been moved from LINE 13 (non-superannuable allowances) to LINE 7 (Superannuable allowances). This means that the payment now incurs pension deductions with the associated top-up NHS pension contributions.
- The specific amount awarded for the sustainability grant is detailed on the ‘allowances and superannuation’ report in the eschedules.
- PSD FAQs
- Last week, Practitioner Services Division (who are responsible for the administration of dental payments) updated their ‘Frequently Asked Questions’
- The methods for calculation of the Covid-19 sustainability grant are explained in further detail.
- The month of March 2020 appears not to have been used in the calculations, effectively meaning that the average was taken over the 11 months from April of last year.
- Courses that were PFTR’d for Covid reasons may be rejected as these courses of treatment should have been left open, it is therefore worth reviewing your rejections towards the end of this week.
- The various practical solutions for maternity, sickness and new list numbers are further clarified.
- If you have any further enquiries relating to the financial support payment, please email their payments team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDCEP SURVEY
- SDCEP is developing a guide to support dental practices prepare to re-open and start seeing patients. To help ensure that the guide addresses the topics of importance to dental teams they would be grateful if you could complete a short survey.
- The survey can be accessed here and should take no more than 15 minutes of your time. The survey will be open until 12 midday Monday, 18 May 2020.
- VOCATIONAL TRAINING
- The recruitment and matching process for next year’s VDPs starts on Friday 22nd May.
- It was announced late last week that the start of VT 2020 has been delayed until September but will still be going ahead.
- The implications for this year’s Vocational Trainees are still unclear however NHS Education Scotland are expected to clarify their situation in the coming weeks.
- Many VTs who are due to finish their training at the end of July will understandably be very concerned about their associate appointment prospects. The LDC will try to provide updates on VT to keep recruiting practices informed.
- LDC MANDATES
- Every dentist with a list number in GG&C can and should have an active LDC levy mandate.
- It is important to note that if you have moved practice or changed list number your mandate is no longer active and you should sign a new one with each change.
- If you are not sure if you are supporting the LDC then please email the LDC and ask. Alternatively, you can just complete another mandate (duplications are picked up at our end and there will be no ‘doubling up’ of levies). The process is entirely online and takes no more than a minute.