**NEW REFERRAL FORMS FOR EMERGENCY DENTAL PATIENTS**
21 April 2020
Please find below a summary of today’s Covid-19 news relevant to GDPs in Greater Glasgow and Clyde. If you have not already seen it please read today’s GG&C Chief of Dentistry Update as it contains important information on changes to the referral process for GG&C dental emergencies.
- NEW REFERRAL PROTOCOL FOR DENTAL EMERGENCIES
- From Thursday 23rd April dental emergencies that, after robust triage, require referral into GDH or PDS Special Care Hubs will need to be referred in via email in the first instance, not via the phone number.
- GG&C dentists who are performing telephone triage during working hours should follow the UPDATED GG&C/SDCEP guidance and flow chart, providing Advice, Analgesics and Antimicrobials where appropriate.
- If referral is required then GDPs should follow the new guidance on triage/referrals (rather than call the phone number) and complete the new ‘Triage/Referral Form’ and send it in via email.
- The email address to be used depends on the situation and is detailed in the guidance document. Referrals must be sent in from your NHS email address.