24th April Covid-19 Update
24 April 2020
SDCEP Surgery Shutdown Guidance; Reassignment
Please find below a summary of today’s Covid-19 news relevant to GDPs in Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Today’s GG&C Chief of Dentistry updateis available here. Remember, all of the local updates and guidance can be found on GG&Cs ‘for dentists’ page.
- SDCEP GUIDE TO SURGERY SHUT DOWN
- As part of their suite of advice documents during the Covid-19 pandemic, SDCEP have produced a quick guide to ‘Dental Practice Closure During COVID-19 Pandemic’
- This provides a useful checklist that can be used to make sure surgery equipment is not at risk of damage from long term lack of use.
- The chief of dentistry update recognises that many dental professionals who signed up as volunteers have not yet heard anything.
- This is due to the fact that a plateau has been reached ‘earlier than expected’ and it is therefore unlikely that many more volunteers will become necessary in the near future. This could of course change if there is a sudden surge in the number of cases.
- SAVING SCOTTISH DENTAL PRACTICES ‘APP’
- A collaboration of Scottish Dentists have designed a free ‘App’ for the simple purpose of ‘Saving Scottish Dental Practices’
- The app serves as a private networking space for practitioners to discuss the impact of Covid-19 on their practices and build a support base to lobby for urgent change.
- Users are required to provide their GDC number and must be dentists who work in a Scottish Dental Practice (NHS, Mixed or Private).
- You can download the App here.
GG&C Chief of Dentistry Update 24th April
SDCEP Guidance: ‘Dental Practice Closure During COVID-19 Pandemic’