27th April Covid-19 Update
27 April 2020
No NHS 24 Cover for May Public Holiday
Please follow this link to access today’s GG&C Chief of Dentistry Update. The most relevant news affecting GG&C GDPs today is:
- DENTAL PRACTICES TO MAINTAIN TRIAGE PROTOCOL ON MONDAY 4th MAY AND FRIDAY 8th MAY DURING WORKING HOURS
- NHS 24 will not be in a position to cover calls for registered dental patients on MONDAY 4th May as was previously arranged for GG&C (NHS 24 would normally accept calls from registered dental patients on evenings/weekends/public holidays when practices are closed).
- GGCEDS will still be running a service to see genuine emergencies (as per the triage protocol).
- GG&C OHD will shortly be forwarding a list of pharmacies that will be open on the relevant days.
- Friday 8th May was not originally planned to be covered in GG&C and therefore this is to be considered a normal Friday, with dental practices referring to the Special Care Hubs in the normal way.
- The weekend service provision is unaffected.